The delegation from Oulu, Finland, a European Capital of Culture 2026 candidate city, will be staying in Rijeka and on the islet of Unije.
It is also the European partner of the Unije islet neighbourhood of the European Capital of Culture in Rijeka.
Delegation members include:
- Piia Rantala-Korhonen, Director of Oulu 2026
- Samu Forsblom, Programme Director of Oulu 2026
- Mikko Salmi, Director of Communications, City of Oulu
- Ulla Lassila, Special Adviser, Arts Promotion Centre of Finland
- Kaija Sipilä, Director of Education and Culture, representative of the Hailuoto Municipality
During their stay in Rijeka, the Oulu 2026 delegation will visit the exhibition at the Drenova Local Heritage Museum, which is organised in cooperation with the Mundaneum Archive in Mons.
The Oulu and Mundaneum delegations will also attend the meeting with the representatives of the City of Rijeka and Rijeka 2020. The members of the Oulu 2026 team were also supposed to visit the islet of Unije today for a work meeting with the members of the Unije neighbourhood team. The meeting was cancelled due to adverse weather and conducted via Skype, after which our guests visited the neighbourhood of Lovran.